UPSC NDA (I) Exam 2020 – General Aptitude Test Part – A ( Answer Key )
UPSC conduct the NDA (National Defence Academy) I Exam – 2020. NDA I 2020 Paper held on 06 September 2020. This paper is General Aptitude Test Part A. NDA (I) 2020 General Aptitude Test Answer Key available here.
Exam – NDA (I) 2020
Organized by – UPSC
Subject – General Aptitude Test
Booklet – A
Date of Exam – 06th – September – 2020
इने भी जरूर पढ़े –
NDA (I) Exam 6th September 2020 Answer Key
PART – A
ORDERING OF WORDS IN A SENTENCE
Each of the following items in this section consists of a sentence(s), the parts of which have been jumbled. These parts have been labelled as P, Q, R and S. Given below each sentence are four sequences namely (a), (b), (c) and (d). You are required to rearrange the jumbled parts of the sentence and mark your response accordingly.
1. P)- several years ago,
Q)- course on climate change at Texas A&M University
R)- Professor Andrew Dessler created an introductory
S)- for freshmen and sophomores
2. P)- I realize that solving the climate change problem
Q)- than solving
R)- will be much harder
S)- Pthe ozone depletion problem
3. P)- although the temperature of this layer of the
Q)- when directly comparing the satellite
R)- measurements of temperature
S)- atmosphere should generally track the surface temperature, we must be careful
4. P)- the element heats up,
Q)- eventually reaching high temperatures
R)- glowing like a dark orange that radiates
S)- the visible range,
5. P)- two people argue about why Venus is so much warmer
Q)- to the Sun, so it absorbs more solar energy. The second argues
R)- that it’s because Venus has a thick, greenhouse gas rich atmosphere
S)- than the Earth. The first argues that it’s because Venus is closer
6. P)- are now used by more than a thousand firms
Q)- and are growing in popularity
R)- in the United States and Europe
S)- gain sharing-plans
7. P )- adversity without succumbing
Q)- to the clouds of doubt and jealousy
R)- between friends which is subjected to both prosperity and
S)- the essay ‘Of Friendship’ by Francis Bacon celebrated the intimacy
8. P)- friends without which the world is
Q)- make friends and a person wills to want true
R)- it is miserable solitude that compels a person to
S)- nothing other than a place of wilderness
9. P)- takes the longest
Q)- that never started
R)- the job
S)- to finish
10. P)- to what you can create
Q)- control, shift your energy
R)- instead of worrying about
S)- what you cannot
Directions :– Each item in this section consists of a sentence with a underline word followed by four words . Select the option that in meaning to the understand word and make your response on your answer sheet accordingly .
11. He nodded absently throughout the meeting.
12. I fully believe that the cornerstone of good policy is an electorate that is educated on the national issues.
13. For important medical decisions, even finding a doctor, you trust is not enough.
14. Planets move in their orbits.
15. Temperature is a measure of internal energy of an object and is frequently expressed by physicists in units of Kelvin.
16. People argue about why Venus’ is so much warmer than the Earth.
17. Scientists are concerned whether the oceans and land biosphere will take up as much carbon in the future as they presently do.
18. The biggest debate among scientists today is about cloud feedback.
19. The Earth’s climate sensitivity is conventionally defined as the equilibrium temperature increase caused by a doubling of carbon dioxide.
20. The oceans carry a huge amount of heat from the tropics to the high latitudes.